Ireland

This is my guide to Ireland, everything from Irish tourist attractions and sights, Irish history , Irish food and recipes, folklore and mythology to the people and culture along with a few Irish superstitions and traditions. Your guide to Ireland by an Irish woman living and raising a family in Ireland

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Humorous Irish Quotes

This Week its Humorous Irish Quotes

In preparation for Pamposh's Quotable Thursday Meme over at Terataii Reiki and Councelling Blog -


"I think the
Irish woman was freed from slavery by bingo. They can go out now, dressed up, with their handbags and have a drink and play bingo. And they deserve it."
- Author John B. Keane

"I spent 90% of my money on women and drink. The rest I wasted."
- Soccer superstar George Best


"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."
- Winston Churchill


"It was a bold man who ate the first oyster."
- Jonathan Swift


"I am a drinker with a writing problem."
- Brendan Behan


"You know it's summer in Ireland when the rain gets warmer."
- Hal Roach

More Funny Quotes

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alana, I hope you are doing fine :). What a great entry for Pamposh's meme. Everyone needs a great quote, and it gets even better when we smile. Have a wonderful weekend, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny. :) I particularly like George Best (that's so him) and Brendan Behan. Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete